In 1948, a group of pastors desired to continue the ministry of Pastor William Lamb of the Burton Street Baptist Tabernacle in Darlinghurst, Sydney.
William Lamb had a long and fruitful ministry majoring on the truth of the return of Jesus Christ. For more than 20 years Pastor Lamb published a prophetic paper entitled, The Advent Herald, which ceased publication about 1940 due to ill health. He also authored many books.
Herald of Hope is a registered not-for-profit corporation
Registration No. Y14907-20 ABN5302 351 4325
The Editorial Committee consists of the following:
Mr. Peter Jackson
Mr. John R. Ecob
Pastor Vince Wall
Pastor Lyndon Young
Vice President and Secretary
Mr. Allan Hindmarsh
Pastor Tom Gonderman
Herald of Hope Magazine
The Herald of Hope magazine is published bi-monthly and is available by subscription in hard copy and digital copy.
Books and tracts may be freely downloaded or ordered on the internet. Articles on Biblical subjects are emailed to all who which to register for them. Churches wishing to receive literature for a Book Table should contact the Manager. Gospel tracts can be supplied for letter-box drops etc.
Bible Prophecy conferences can be scheduled.
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- One God in three Persons of the Godhead. God is the Creator of all things seen and unseen.
- Jesus Christ came from heaven, became man by the virgin birth and lived a sinless life before bearing the sins of the world on the cross. He went to Paradise and rose bodily from the grave after three days as victor over death; He is the first fruit from the dead of all mankind.
- Old Testament saints rose with Christ; the Church will rise at the Rapture; Tribulation martyrs rise when Christ returns and millennial saints after 1,000 years. The unsaved will be raised from hades at the end of the 1,000 years and be sentenced to eternal torment in the lake of fire.
- The verbal, plenary, inspiration and inerrancy of the Old and New Testaments.
- Salvation is the work of the Holy Spirit, convicting of sin and regenerating those who exercise faith in Jesus Christ; He seals believers unto the day of redemption.
- The Church is neither Jew nor Greek but all one in Christ Jesus. All who believe are baptised by the Spirit into the body of Christ. Water baptism of believers testifies to our identification with Christ.
- Israel is God’s elect nation now blinded but after the Rapture will be repentant and reign with Christ for 1,000 years before the eternal new heaven and earth.
- Satan is a fallen angel who with other fallen angels work to frustrate God’s plan of salvation.
- They will be cast into the lake of fire at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
“If we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him… For the Lord himself shall descend from
heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain
shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” (1Thess.4:15-18).